"The world was made so that Christ might be born ...."-David Fergusson
Hello my name is Bobby Grow, and I author this blog, Other Reformed Theology. Feel free to peruse the posts, and comment at your leisure. I look forward to the exchange we might have here, and hope you are provoked to love Jesus even more as a result. Pax Christi!
Philosophy of Blogging
“I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write.” - St. Augustine cited by John Calvin
A Little Thomas Torrance
"God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour." ~T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- Blog Name Change: Other Reformed Theology
- Martin Luther, Thomas Torrance, and Karl Barth on the Theology of the Cross and its Marginalization of Human Reason
- The Fallen Humanity of Christ with Reference to John Calvin and Oliver Crisp
- A Gospel Statement on the Trinity by Thomas Torrance
- Martin Luther’s ‘Real Reason for the Protestant Reformation’, and What Critics of evangelical Calvinism Don’t Get about evangelical Calvinism’s Impetus or Their Own Mode of Theologizing
- Blog Name Change: Other Reformed Theology growrag.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/blo… 15 hours ago
- Martin Luther, Thomas Torrance, and Karl Barth on the Theology of the Cross and its… growrag.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/mar… https://t.co/CkYpXmI5Qs 1 day ago
- RT @joecarter: Clinton supports infanticide, Trump refuses to concede power. These are politicians you'd expect to see in ancient Rome, not… 1 day ago
- The Fallen Humanity of Christ with Reference to John Calvin and Oliver Crisp growrag.wordpress.com/2016/10/20/the… https://t.co/tYvk8QB67C 1 day ago
- @DZRishmawy Discontinuity. 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 429,821 hits