It is interesting, at least for my blogging, the posts that trend the highest in hits are on issues directly dealing with Calvinism, or with any writing that I do on Dispensationalism, and its related corollaries.
WelcomeHello my name is Bobby Grow, and I author this blog, The Evangelical Calvinist. Feel free to peruse the posts, and comment at your leisure. I look forward to the exchange we might have here, and hope you are provoked to love Jesus even more as a result. Pax Christi!
My Christological Confessio
“God’s relationship to humanity isn’t generic; it’s not to an abstract humanity, but to a particular humanity starting with His in Christ. It is from within this union that God meets each of us right where we are in all the scandalous particularity of God become human.”
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
My Co-Edited Books
- The Scholar Juxtaposed with the Worshiper: A Heart on Fire for the Glory of God in Christ
- Avoiding the Sin of Acedia: Living the Christian Life in Step with the Spirit of Christ
- The Love of the Triune Life as the Reality of Salvation in the Theology of Hugh Binning
- A Theology of Scars and Remembrance
- An Autobiographical Note: What is My Theological Trajectory Today/
Bobby Grow on Avoiding the Sin of Acedia: Li… Bill Ford on Avoiding the Sin of Acedia: Li… Bobby Grow on An Autobiographical Note: What… Charles Gillihan on An Autobiographical Note: What… Bobby Grow on A Theology of Scars and R… Terry Davidson on A Theology of Scars and R… Bobby Grow on A Theology of Scars and R…
Philosophy of Blogging“I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write.” - St. Augustine cited by John Calvin
“We must always keep in mind that the reason the Son of God came down from the hidden throne of the eternal Father and revealed heavenly doctrine was not to furnish material for seminary debates, in which the display of ingenuity might be the game, but rather so that human beings should be instructed concerning true knowledge of God and of all those things which are necessary to the pursuit of eternal salvation.” Martin Chemnitz, Loci theol. ed., 1590, Hypomnemata 9 cited by Barth, CD I/1, 82.
- Sometimes self-absorption and sowing to the ‘flesh’ doesn’t manifest itself till a later date. When it does all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- It’s usually more neo-Marxist Utopianism than it is Christian eschatos that is informing. 4 hours ago
- @TullianT And the more discerning we will be. 6 hours ago
- The Scholar Juxtaposed with the Worshiper: A Heart on Fire for the Glory of God in Christ growrag.wordpress.com/2018/03/20/the… via @BobbyGrow1 7 hours ago
- to endure the depths of God's dealing with us in the midst of an otherwise superficial and bite-sized world. 7 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 588,512 hits