Is this theme too feminine?
“The world was made so that Christ might be born.”-David Fergusson
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- Being a Theologian For and From Jesus Rather than For Men: Getting Past Historical Reconstruction and Getting To Genuinely Constructively Christian Theologizing
- Resourcing Martin Luther: A Gospel for the Common Person, not the Metaphysicians
- On Being an ‘After Barth Blogger’: Sometimes It’s Better to Just Not Interact
- A Genuinely Protestant-evangelical Ecclesiology as Corrective to the Current Resourcement Movement in the North American evangelical and Reformed Churches
- Book Review: Karl Barth on Theology&Philosophy by Kenneth Oakes
Philosophy of Blogging
- I think political stuff on social media is enough to make me abstain from social media. 3 hours ago
- @FlettJohn I’m kidding. I’m not qualified to be a prof of NT at this point. 3 hours ago
- @FlettJohn I have a Masters in NT; would that qualify me? Lol 3 hours ago
- @rickhogaboam @MikeTrout He needs his mouth washed out with soap. 3 hours ago
- Nobody’s “knowledge” or “wits” makes them untouchable or above critique; give me a break. 7 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 566,152 hits