Maybe you’ve noticed that I have re-titled my blog back to The Evangelical Calvinist instead of The Evangelical Calvinist Forum. The ‘forum’ idea, I think is good still, but it takes a bit of work to solicit people to write articles in an ongoing fashion; and I just don’t have the time for that! That said, if anyone still wants to write guest posts for my blog, posts that are related to all things Evangelical Calvinism (as you understand it, or don’t), then please forward me your posts, and I will be happy to post them. But in the end, I am still just going to you use this as my personal blog, where I post on whatever I feel like; including of course, things directly related to Evangelical Calvinism.
“The world was made so that Christ might be born.”-David Fergusson
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- Martin Luther the Theologian of Beauty: Contra Analogy of Being, David Bentley Hart, Hans Urs von Balthasar, Henri de Lubac, Nouvelle Théologie, and even Karl Barth (?)
- Being a Theologian For and From Jesus Rather than For Men: Getting Past Historical Reconstruction and Getting To Genuinely Constructively Christian Theologizing
- Resourcing Martin Luther: A Gospel for the Common Person, not the Metaphysicians
- On Being an ‘After Barth Blogger’: Sometimes It’s Better to Just Not Interact
- A Genuinely Protestant-evangelical Ecclesiology as Corrective to the Current Resourcement Movement in the North American evangelical and Reformed Churches
Philosophy of Blogging
- @HandlinMandolin @Pizza_Theology I don’t think it’s a false disjunction whatsoever. The Bible is clear about spirit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- @HandlinMandolin @Pizza_Theology It’s just not biblical. So you all can refer to whatever saints you like. The Bibl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- @Pizza_Theology @HandlinMandolin Yes, I realize u dont have to be Catholic. I’m anti the idea that it has any meani… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- @Pizza_Theology @HandlinMandolin I’m not Catholic and think crossing oneself has no spiritual significance other th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- @BrianZahnd Mark Mattes offers an alternative to DB Hart’s idea on beauty; from Luther. A better way. amazon.com/gp/aw/d/080109… 10 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 566,875 hits