Yes, what do you think? If you read here please let me know. I am in the process of trying to get my paperwork into them, but it is harder than it seems since I don’t have a scanner or fax machine … so I have to go somewhere else to use a fax. Anyway, I would like to get your feedback on this move, even if you just lurk here. Let me know what you think about me moving to Patheos. I have had one reader and long time friend of the blog and me, let me know that he does not think it is the best of moves (i.e. because of commercialization, because it might make Evangelical Calvinism look “gimmicky” etc). Let me know what you think.
- "The world was made so that Christ might be born."-David Fergusson
- "God takes the fact that He is God 'seriously'..."-Emil Brunner
WelcomeHello my name is Bobby Grow, and I author this blog, The Evangelical Calvinist. Feel free to peruse the posts, and comment at your leisure. I look forward to the exchange we might have here, and hope you are provoked to love Jesus even more as a result. Pax Christi!
My Co-Edited Books
A Little Thomas Torrance"God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour." ~T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- Ascension Day Theology by way of Thomas Torrance and John Knox
- How Erasmus’ Mood Impacts the Development and Posture of an Evangelical Calvinist
- The Relationship Between Philosophy and Christian Theology: A Theology of the Word
- Jim Cassidy’s ‘Essential Van Til’: An Alert Post
- A Roman Catholic’s (Hans Urs von Balthasar’s) Doctrine of Scripture: Christ, the Holy Ground that Makes Scripture Holy and Intelligible
Philosophy of Blogging“I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write.” - St. Augustine cited by John Calvin
Bobby Grow on The Relationship Between Philo… Bobby Grow on The Relationship Between Philo… Bobby Grow on The Relationship Between Philo… Preston McDaniel Hil… on The Relationship Between Philo… Bobby Grow on The Relationship Between Philo… Bobby Grow on The Relationship Between Philo… Preston McDaniel Hil… on The Relationship Between Philo…
- Ascension Day Theology by way of Thomas Torrance and John Knox growrag.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/asc… https://t.co/sibGDHmTmL 2 days ago
- Reformation theology is much more diverse than many think. The best of it has a catholic character because it is a theology of the Word. 2 days ago
- @jbralston When I was a Teaching Fellow I graded hundreds of papers etc. For the most part I actually benefited greatly from it. I liked it. 2 days ago
- @scottrswain Including the one will of God, right? 2 days ago
- How Erasmus’ Mood Impacts the Development and Posture of an Evangelical Calvinist growrag.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/how… https://t.co/lLnMX504o6 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 480,908 hits