“The world was made so that Christ might be born.”-David Fergusson
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- Richard Muller and Scott Oliphint Both Need to Repent: Responding to the Thomas Aquinas Analogy of Being Discussion Through Barth
- A Riposte to Derek Rishmawy’s Post: Handling Legal Matters
- If You Want to Understand How Evangelical Calvinism Differs Interpretively From Classical Calvinism Read This
- Against Being ‘Curious’: In the Augustinian and Websterian Mood, A Pastoral Reflection and Exhortation
- Jean Gerson as a Paragon for Evangelical Calvinist Tendencies: What Hath Mystical Theology to do With Scholastic?
“We must always keep in mind that the reason the Son of God came down from the hidden throne of the eternal Father and revealed heavenly doctrine was not to furnish material for seminary debates, in which the display of ingenuity might be the game, but rather so that human beings should be instructed concerning true knowledge of God and of all those things which are necessary to the pursuit of eternal salvation.” Martin Chemnitz, Loci theol. ed., 1590, Hypomnemata 9 cited by Barth, CD I/1, 82.
Philosophy of Blogging
- Analogia fidei. #Barthstyle 1 hour ago
- Sometimes you just have to go against the stream. Contra mundum. 1 hour ago
- @rafabelloo Yeah, they are like a baby they need to be fed and changed on a daily basis. 1 hour ago
- @rafabelloo Start a blog ... it's how all the good theologians get started. 2 hours ago
- @lukestamps And one more note on this: Barth and Luther are very close to each other on this particular front (as c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 578,471 hits