You can now order our new coedited book from Wipf and Stock: Evangelical Calvinism: Volume 2 Dogmatics and Devotion. I think you will be blessed and encouraged by this book, and all of the awesome chapters we have for you in regard to filling out further what Evangelical Calvinism entails. What you will notice is how prominently the doctrine of the vicarious humanity of Christ is for us in EC, and I think that after you read the various chapters you will see how that all plays out. It is a volume written in a such a way that intends on answering pastoral types of questions, but at the same time still has its unique kind of theological edge. It’s a great volume, if I must say so myself, and I’m so happy to have worked with Myk Habets on its production; we plan on doing two more volumes (for a total of four). The book will be available through Amazon in two to four weeks, and Kindle in three to four months. Go take up a copy and read!
“The world was made so that Christ might be born.”-David Fergusson
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- Martin Luther the Theologian of Beauty: Contra Analogy of Being, David Bentley Hart, Hans Urs von Balthasar, Henri de Lubac, Nouvelle Théologie, and even Karl Barth (?)
- Being a Theologian For and From Jesus Rather than For Men: Getting Past Historical Reconstruction and Getting To Genuinely Constructively Christian Theologizing
- Resourcing Martin Luther: A Gospel for the Common Person, not the Metaphysicians
- On Being an ‘After Barth Blogger’: Sometimes It’s Better to Just Not Interact
- A Genuinely Protestant-evangelical Ecclesiology as Corrective to the Current Resourcement Movement in the North American evangelical and Reformed Churches
Philosophy of Blogging
- “Let them watch out who proffer some Stoic and Platonic and dialectical Christianity. We have no need for curiosity… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- @HandlinMandolin @Pizza_Theology I don’t think it’s a false disjunction whatsoever. The Bible is clear about spirit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- @HandlinMandolin @Pizza_Theology It’s just not biblical. So you all can refer to whatever saints you like. The Bibl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- @Pizza_Theology @HandlinMandolin Yes, I realize u dont have to be Catholic. I’m anti the idea that it has any meani… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- @Pizza_Theology @HandlinMandolin I’m not Catholic and think crossing oneself has no spiritual significance other th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 567,021 hits