You can now order our new coedited book from Wipf and Stock: Evangelical Calvinism: Volume 2 Dogmatics and Devotion. I think you will be blessed and encouraged by this book, and all of the awesome chapters we have for you in regard to filling out further what Evangelical Calvinism entails. What you will notice is how prominently the doctrine of the vicarious humanity of Christ is for us in EC, and I think that after you read the various chapters you will see how that all plays out. It is a volume written in a such a way that intends on answering pastoral types of questions, but at the same time still has its unique kind of theological edge. It’s a great volume, if I must say so myself, and I’m so happy to have worked with Myk Habets on its production; we plan on doing two more volumes (for a total of four). The book will be available through Amazon in two to four weeks, and Kindle in three to four months. Go take up a copy and read!
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- The Patristic Calvinists versus the Medieval Calvinists: Engaging with Athanasius’s Theology of Theosis in Conversation with Barth’s and Torrance’s Themes
- Apostolic Succession, Theories of Ecclesial Authority, and Biblical Exegesis: Miscellanies
- Level I and Level II orthodoxy: Reflections on Ecumenicism and “Catholicity Building”
- ‘The Eternally Fruitful Father’: How Creation and Salvation only Make Sense if God is Father of the Son in Athanasius’s Theology by Weinandy
- Chasing the God feeling: How Correct Praise is Orthodoxy, and How Orthodoxy is right Worship
Philosophy of Blogging
- @FaithTheology @FlettJohn Deut 15&18 I love the TM. 2 days ago
- The Patristic Calvinists versus the Medieval Calvinists: Engaging with Athanasius’s… growrag.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/the… https://t.co/tSyex61kOQ 2 days ago
- @Whitefrozen Just trying to engage in a pro troll move; you've set the bar high. ;) 2 days ago
- @Whitefrozen Did you know that 2+2=4? 3 days ago
- Without fellowship there's not much of a point to a lot of this. 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 492,541 hits