This is a lurker reveal post. If you have been reading here or visiting here regularly for any time at all, and you see this post, let me know by simply saying “hi” in the comments (if you feel adventurous you can even say a little bit about yourself). I used to do posts like this every now and then in the past to give folks a chance to reveal themselves a bit; it also serves as an encouragement to me to let me know I’m not just writing posts for the ether alone. 😉
WelcomeHello my name is Bobby Grow, and I author this blog, The Evangelical Calvinist. Feel free to peruse the posts, and comment at your leisure. I look forward to the exchange we might have here, and hope you are provoked to love Jesus even more as a result. Pax Christi!
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
My Co-Edited Books
- A Critique of the ‘What Would Jesus Do Society’ In Light of the Border Dilemma
- A Summary of the Issues at the Border by Immigration Lawyer, Scott Hicks: ‘The love of many will grow cold.’
- Reflection on the Happenings at the Southern Border
- The ‘Good’ of Tradition; The Impossibility of Reading Scripture Without Theology
- Book Review: The Epistle To The Ephesians Karl Barth
Philosophy of Blogging“I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write.” - St. Augustine cited by John Calvin
“A deep brokenness requires a deeper theology.”
“We must always keep in mind that the reason the Son of God came down from the hidden throne of the eternal Father and revealed heavenly doctrine was not to furnish material for seminary debates, in which the display of ingenuity might be the game, but rather so that human beings should be instructed concerning true knowledge of God and of all those things which are necessary to the pursuit of eternal salvation.” Martin Chemnitz, Loci theol. ed., 1590, Hypomnemata 9 cited by Barth, CD I/1, 82.
- @realDonaldTrump https://t.co/4ilhUWfMQK 54 minutes ago
- @thomistjedi @realDonaldTrump Yeah, could you! 😅 Tell’m: “you’re fired!” https://t.co/8F91Ed4vJu 55 minutes ago
- I keep tweeting @realDonaldTrump, but he doesn’t respond. 🤔🙄 59 minutes ago
- Just put yourself in the shoes of the immigrants. Empathy is the soil where compassion 🌸 blossoms. 1 hour ago
- @realDonaldTrump You’re working on what? Ted Cruz has an excellent proposal; take it! This isn’t about Democrats/Re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 615,723 hits