This is a lurker reveal post. If you have been reading here or visiting here regularly for any time at all, and you see this post, let me know by simply saying “hi” in the comments (if you feel adventurous you can even say a little bit about yourself). I used to do posts like this every now and then in the past to give folks a chance to reveal themselves a bit; it also serves as an encouragement to me to let me know I’m not just writing posts for the ether alone. 😉
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
- The Patristic Calvinists versus the Medieval Calvinists: Engaging with Athanasius’s Theology of Theosis in Conversation with Barth’s and Torrance’s Themes
- Apostolic Succession, Theories of Ecclesial Authority, and Biblical Exegesis: Miscellanies
- Level I and Level II orthodoxy: Reflections on Ecumenicism and “Catholicity Building”
- ‘The Eternally Fruitful Father’: How Creation and Salvation only Make Sense if God is Father of the Son in Athanasius’s Theology by Weinandy
- Chasing the God feeling: How Correct Praise is Orthodoxy, and How Orthodoxy is right Worship
Philosophy of Blogging
- @FaithTheology @FlettJohn Deut 15&18 I love the TM. 2 days ago
- The Patristic Calvinists versus the Medieval Calvinists: Engaging with Athanasius’s… growrag.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/the… https://t.co/tSyex61kOQ 2 days ago
- @Whitefrozen Just trying to engage in a pro troll move; you've set the bar high. ;) 2 days ago
- @Whitefrozen Did you know that 2+2=4? 2 days ago
- Without fellowship there's not much of a point to a lot of this. 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 492,459 hits