WelcomeHello my name is Bobby Grow, and I author this blog, The Evangelical Calvinist. Feel free to peruse the posts, and comment at your leisure. I look forward to the exchange we might have here, and hope you are provoked to love Jesus even more as a result. Pax Christi!
A Little Thomas Torrance
“God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.” -T. F. Torrance, The Mediation of Christ, 94.
My Co-Edited Books
- A Corollary Between Aryan Nazism and Planned Parenthood’s Abortionism: The Sanctity of Human Life as a Canon of Allegiances
- The Mystery of God: Knowing God, the Ineffable One, In the Dialectic of the God-man, Jesus Christ
- Can-o-Worms: Robert Jenson and the Resurrection
- Staying with Robert Jenson’s Doctrine of Resurrection for a Minute Longer
- A Quick Report on Robert Jenson’s Bultmannesque Demythologized Account of the Resurrection
- Without the primacy of grace nature stands no chance; it requires something like a miracle in order for the darkness to become light. 7 hours ago
- I only tweet cause it’s here, I see no real value in it tho. 1 day ago
- @RegReformedGuys Free Grace. 1 day ago
- Just finished. https://t.co/6V2ave9rJM 1 day ago
- @FlettJohn Good I’m glad I’m not the only one who found it difficult. Yet it kept drawing me back; like it enthralled me. 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- 545,989 hits
Category Archives: Tom McCall
Substance metaphysics has been a topic of engagement here at The Evangelical Calvinist as long as its existence as a blog; indeed, it is a metaphysic that I have characterized as oppositional and anti-thetical to the aims of what I … Continue reading